Highways Design Engineer
- GBP35000 - GBP45000 per annum + benefits
- UK, Hampshire
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 11th April 2019
- Job Type
Highways Design Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000 DOE + benefits
As a Design Engineer, you will be working closely with the internal and external stakeholders to develop concept and feasibility solutions some of the most exceptional place shaping, transformational projects. Supporting customers and colleagues to develop innovative, sustainable design solutions to help secure funding opportunities secure pipeline projects and provide "shovel ready" projects. These projects will be across the public realm, transport, and traffic, accessibility or regeneration schemes. The role will blend technical design engineering with a creative approach to reshaping the places in which we work.
As a Highways Design Engineer, you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of projects made up of several work packages, coordinate the activities of several engineers and other staff.
- Ensure that all designs and engineering work is carried out in compliance with industry, customer and business standards, conventions and quality/safety requirements and legislation.
- Develop awareness of relevant current and emerging design methods/standards and evidence of the benefits they may offer to design objectives.
- Develop new solutions and build/extend a catalog of standard solutions to design and construction problems and challenges.
- Use all available tools to explore opportunities for innovative and sustainable solutions where appropriate.
- Ensure that all contributions are fully carried out compliant with company health, safety, and environmental requirements and policy.
- Ensure Health and Safety risks are designed out where possible and where not possible, these risks are minimised.
- Ensure complete and thorough communication of all risk at every stage of delivery.
- Be a professionally trained and qualified engineer with an excellent creative capability.
- Be experienced in budget management, staff management, etc or suitable relevant experience.
- Have demonstrable evidence of previous works and a project management qualification would be preferred.
Why this role?
Day in, day out, their teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies, and communities rely on. Your voice will have a massive impact on the projects delivered.
If you want to join a company that are right at the heart of a dynamic 'place shaping' agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable then this is the role for you!