- USD80000.00 - USD120000.00 per annum
- Construction & Engineering, Construction Supervision
- 14th February 2020
- Job Type
With over 20 years' experience and a high percentage of repeat customers, our client is a progressive General Contractor that manages construction projects in numerous states across the US. With a reputation for outstanding quality & service, along with an award-winning culture, they have seen significant growth and are looking to add Superintendents to the NY region.
Providing on site leadership for a number of commercial project types.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Division Managers and other leaders in the firm.
- Participate in pre-project and pre-task planning activities and then disseminate planning details to field crews, Subcontractors and associated suppliers.
- Motivate the team members to work together to accomplish tasks, coordinate construction activities and assign work to employees based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Ensure crews are operating all tools and equipment in a safe, proper and productive manner.
- Provide training and assistance to crews in the performance of work-related tasks.
- Assist PMs in evaluating various production rates related to the project.
- Complete all essential paperwork in a clear and accurate manner.
Our client is looking for someone that wishes to develop their knowledge in the NY Construction industry, drive innovation that allows the company to thrive, and a personal desire to keep their careers on an upward trajectory. In order to be considered you must be able to demonstrate:
- At least 6 years of experience in general construction with at least two of those years in a Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent role.
- Prior experience in Commercial projects, including but not limited to Retail, Commercial Office and Multifamily Residential.
- Proven ability to run projects on time and on/under budget.
- Capability to supervise various levels of field managers as well as crews with minimal subcontract oversight.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, and executing plans to construction drawings and contract specifications.
- A memorable, engaging personality that allows you to build first class relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers and support staff at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to work in close knit, professional team
Competitive Base + Bonus + Benefits