Intermediate/Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- NZD85000 - NZD100000 per annum + wellbeing allowance + kiwisaver
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 5th January 2020
- Job Type
A multidisciplinary consultancy known for their technical capabilities, brilliant career progression pathways and innovative projects, our client is now looking for an Intermediate/Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their growing team in Auckland. If you enjoy a fast-paced team environment where no two days are the same, then you're in the right place!
In this role, you will be tasked with the full 360 project cycle including geotechnical site investigations, design & review of geotechnical projects, use of analysis software, building and managing client relationships amongst others. Working alongside other engineering disciplines will provide you with an array of "out-of-the-box" projects that will keep you engaged, on your toes and continuously learning from the best in the business.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Engineering university degree
- At least 5 years in a consulting environment
- Ability to use technical software (WALLAP, Slope/W or similar)
- Solid geotechnical design experience (retaining structures, slope stabilisation, earthworks etc)
- Understanding of New Zealand ground conditions
- Brilliant communication skills - both verbal and written
The ideal candidate will be:
- A fantastic problem solver who thinks outside the box
- Curious and eager to find innovative solutions to issues
- Able to work to tight deadlines if/when required
- Able to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and clients alike
- CPEng qualified or working towards it
On offer is a highly competitive salary with arguably the best consultancy in the geotechnical engineering sector. Additionally, our client has a strong focus on personal career development and will provide ongoing training and mentoring to further your technical knowledge. Known for looking out for their staff's well-being they also offer a range of benefits such as an annual well-being allowance, shareholding opportunities and corporate employee discounts to name a few. If you're a team player, looking to get stuck in on challenging projects across NZ and the Pacific with a company that cares about your career and well-being, apply now!
This opportunity is not one to be missed and is sure to be snapped up soon so if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our Engineering Recruitment Consultant, Varshaa Veerakumar, today at email@example.com or on 027 274 3203