- NZD40 - NZD50 per hour
- Wellington, other
- Construction & Engineering, Project Engineering
- 25th July 2019
- Job Type
Work for a leading international construction company.
This company is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning they offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
They are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what this company does.
This project involves the construction of a new highway through challenging terrain that will require approximately 6 million cubic metres of earthworks, significant stream diversions and vegetation clearing. The Project works include 27 kilometres of 4-lane motorway in a single road corridor, 3 grade-separated interchanges, 2 grade-separated connections, and 28 separate bridge and underpass structures.
As Project Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting Senior members of the project team achieve optimum production and cost outcomes on the day-to-day running of the Porirua link roads projects across this large project.
Minimum requirements for this role include:
- Minimum 5 years' experience working on civil construction projects, ideally working with Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractors
- Demonstrated experience applying engineering principles to comply with scope of works and technical criteria
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience managing yourself and a team within commercial construction to deliver works between $1m - $20m
- The ability to engage with sub-contractors, and to communicate with people at all levels to ensure productivity, compliance and drive results.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering
As the successful candidate you will need to be a self-starter who is highly motivated, well organized and committed to the highest possible work standards. You will also have the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and subcontractors.
The company offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognizes effort and contribution.
Please APPLY Below if you are interested