Project Manager - Highways
- GBP40000.00 - GBP50000.00 per annum
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Project Management
- 10th April 2019
- Job Type
Position: Project Manager
Remuneration: 40,000 - 50,000 (Negotiable DOE) with strong benefits package including private medical, DC pension, 25 days holiday, strong car allowance.
Our client is currently looking to bring on a Project Manager with a passion for the Highways sector and the ability to understand client needs, to join their team in London. You will take an active part in the delivery of project and programme management commissions in the infrastructure sector. You will also be expected to act as Bid Manager for highways bids, and ultimately as Project Manager for work which is won.
Why this role over others?
This is a great position for someone wanting greater responsibility, you will have full exposure from tender to completion of projects. They offer an extremely friendly and flexible approach which will give you the freedom to perform to the best of your abilities and a culture built on trust of delivery. Also, whether you're a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it's not always easy to commit to standard working hours. With our client you will have access to a range of flexible working options - including flexible start and finish times and working from home.
What you'll be doing
* Working as a project manager, or as part of a consultancy team on a £10-20m project; or supporting the delivery of part of a £50m programme
* Working as part of a team to deliver commissions, in full compliance with Management System requirements
* Deliver work to a high standard of client satisfaction and profitably
* Supporting prospecting for new work with current/new clients and developing client relationships
* Develop own skills to ensure on-going flexibility and value to clients.
* Supporting the development of new service offerings
Required Skills & Experience
* Experienced in the delivery of infrastructure projects or programmes.
* Demonstrable project management experience having worked as part of a team
* Knowledge of highways sector regulations
* Awareness of bidding / tendering including reviewing and/or submitting bids.
* Previous experience of requirements management, benefits management, project controls and asset management.
* Knowledge of developments and drivers in the UK highways sector
* Able to identify stakeholders, determine requirements and expectations and manage their influence on the project
* Good commercial and contractual awareness
* Maintains good communications with clients, keeping them regularly appraised of the progress of their projects.
* Able to report progress and answer questions accordingly and write monthly reports
* Degree qualified in a relevant subject
* Working towards a professional qualification in Project and Programme management qualifications, such as MAPM, or equivalent.
Please contact Joshua Misailidis in confidence for a more detailed career discussion surrounding the above.