- GBP60000.00 - GBP65000.00 per annum + good benefits
- UK, South West & Wales
- Construction & Engineering, Project Management
- 13th May 2019
- Job Type
Position: Project Manager
Location: South West, Somerset
Remuneration: up to 65,000 per annum plus strong benefits package including pension, 26 days holiday, life assurance, company car or allowance and medical insurance
Recognised and highly credible International Main Contractor is seeking to appoint a Project Manager to lead in the delivery of a highly prestigious £35m design & build project.
Reporting into the Project Director, you will be responsible for managing the effective delivery of the project in line with the required quality, budget, programme and health and safety standards.
This is a unique scheme working with a key client. The success of this project will make a considerable positive contribution to future and repeat projects, of which there are many, thus providing you with ongoing work in the local area.
Accountability and Key Tasks:
- Health, safety, and the environment, as legislatively required and contained within the HSE Management System and described in the Project Execution Plan.
- Best practise to high standards of health, safety, environmental and quality within the site operations under your control
- Lead by example always as a representative of the company ensuring that all working relationships with internal and external customers are consistent and to the highest standards.
- Work with the commercial and buying teams to ensure that the correct correspondence is in place to protect the company's commercial and contractual position.
- Ensure that for all activities you are responsible for, all Principal Contractor process/standards are adhered to.
- Ensure that for all activities you are responsible for, all company process/standards laid down in the Business Quality Management System are adhered to.
- Consult with all disciplines, i.e. Surveying, Design Management, Buying, Planning, Human Resources, Health, Safety and Environment, to provide effective management of contracts.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Experience in working on high assurance projects (Pharma / Rail / Defence)
- Strong commercial and contract knowledge, ideally having worked under the NEC3 form of contract
- Demonstrable ability in leading teams and supply chain
- Experienced in managing construction packages, such as steel frame / internal trades / fit out / external works
- Hold necessary site-based qualifications - SMSTS / CSCS etc
- Ideally be educated to degree level in a relevant subject (Civil Engineering / Construction Management)
- Be Chartered or near Chartered with relevant institution (CIOB / ICE)
Please contact Rob Hobdell in confidence for a more comprehensive briefing on this position.