- GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum + bonus, car allowance, benefits package
- UK, Berkshire
- Construction & Engineering, Planning Engineering
- 23rd February 2018
- Job Type
Job Title - Project Planner
Location - Windsor
Project - £60m New Build / Refurb Project
Salary - £50,000 / £60,000+ Bonus + an excellent package
Cobalt are working with a global top tier main contractor that are looking for a Project Planner to help run and manager a £60m new build / refurb Project. The building is listed, so previous experience working within this market would be beneficial. The project is just about to go live and has about 2 years' worth of work. Our client have a pipeline of other projects around the Western Home Counties that include some schools, residential projects and large commercial schemes.
- Reporting in to the Head of Planning / Leasing with the client
- Overseeing the overall project programmes for design, procurement and construction, decanting and commissioning.
- Assisting with value engineering.
- Providing a planning and logistics strategy.
- Providing expert critical analysis of the sequencing methodologies.
- Maintaining and updating the work package document, including the present and future procurement schedules, package content sheets and bar charts.
- Advising the project teams on programming issues and ways to improve in order to better the programme duration. - Incorporating package contract programmes in the main programme.
- Overseeing the progress of the site, reporting any deviations to the programme.
- Ensuring optimum efficiency by challenging the package proposals.
- Keeping up to date with advancements on the technical side.
- Creating planning meetings to identify any areas of the procurement, design and construction which could be improved on as well as getting all three disciplines are communicating
- Gathering information from the construction teams and prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports. - Keeping regular contact with the Site Managers to create and agree programme and implementation activities.
- Speaking to Site / Package Managers to develop short and long term plans.
- Creating and issuing the monthly report and weekly 'S' curves.
- Degree qualified or similar.
- At least 6 years' experience working as a Project Planner for a leading Main Contractor. Ideally within the residential sector
- Proficient using ASTA Power Project.
- Experience working on a build project over £25m.
- Strong planning, excellent problem solving and good communication skills required.
- Professionally qualified (MCIOB, MRICS) would be advantageous.
If you feel that this is the role for you, please apply below with your latest CV.