Repairs & Maintenance Manager
- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum + plus benefits
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Building Surveying
- 30th April 2019
- Job Type
Repairs and Maintenance Manager
A new opportunity has arose at a well-known Housing Association based in South London.
You will manage performance to deliver a top quartile responsive repairs service through effective contract management and by providing technical expertise and guidance for repairs and maintenance related works.
You will be flexible with your approach to work and be able to tackle a variety of projects to ensure the buildings and other assets are maintained to the highest standards and comply with all regulatory and legislative standards.
Up to £50,000 plus benefits (Depending on Experience)
- Deliver effective contractor management, ensuring all services, expenditure, performance and KPI's are managed within agreed parameters and where appropriate involving residents in the process.
- Engage with residents and their representatives, ensuring they are kept informed of performance, improvement plans and cost issues.
- Consistently measure, monitor and review Key Performance Indicators of responsive repairs and maintenance and provide department's KPIs and other statistical data when required
- Manage the delivery of void properties to meet the top quartile national KPI's for void properties.
- Respond to complaints and enquiries and ensure all litigation and disrepair cases are dealt with within time and quality targets to reduce the reputational and financial risk.
- Assist with the set up and manage an in-house repairs service ensuring it represents value for money (VFM) and meets customer expectations.
- Manage and develop a high performing team of technical and non-technical staff and undertake all supervision duties.
- A qualification in Building or Surveying preferably RICS.
- Technical knowledge sufficient to manage a large and complex responsive maintenance and repairs programme across a range of different stock types.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team to deliver objectives and targets.
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of managing a responsive repairs team
- Experience of managing an in-house repairs service or Direct Labour Operatives (DLO)
- Experience of working in Social Housing.
This role is an ideal opportunity to work for an established organisation and to gain invaluable experience within the field.
What to do next… If you are interested in the position or wish for further information please submit your CV and call 0207 478 2526 and speak with Matthew Mullin.