Senior Design Manager / Coordinator
- GBP65000.00 - GBP75000.00 per annum + Car, Pension, Private Medical
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Design Management
- 10th March 2020
- Job Type
Position: Senior Design Manager / Coordinator - Residential
Salary: up to 75,000 DOE with strong benefits including company car/car allowance, pension, holiday, private medical, etc
Location: London, UK
As a result of ongoing strategic growth, a major tier one contractor is currently seeking to attract a Design Manager to work on a major residential project in the London region.
They are looking for an imaginative, highly technical individual to join their business and support in the technical delivery of this project and others in the future. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious and technically challenging projects across London and the South East. You will be the design lead on a new £44 million, residential apartment scheme in London, which is due to start on site in the Autumn of 2020.
The project consists of 134 units, across 4 apartment blocks and including 2 floors of commercial space. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of the project from inception to completion. This role reports to the Deputy Technical Director and will initially be based at the client's head office until works commence on site.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- To lead the design process and collation of design information.
- To manage and coordinate consultant and subcontractor designs, chair design meetings and workshops and report progress to line managers as required.
- To provide and coordinate all areas of detailed design information for the construction and commercial teams, enabling projects to be completed within programme, budget and specification requirements.
- To check and ensure that the design complies with the Employer's Requirements and all requisite bodies or obtain the approval of the Client to any variances that may arise.
- To manage the process of statutory and technical approvals from local authorities, statutory providers, warranty providers and the like.
- To negotiate fees and appoint all Design Consultants scheduling the information they are to provide, the programme within which their design is to be achieved and obtain the Warranties to be provided under the terms of the contract.
- To promote and maintain good and professional relations with the Client, Consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers and statutory authorities.
- Support Technical Managers in their role and manage junior staff members.
- To actively research and advise upon alternative construction processes.
Candidates must have experience working for a contractor, delivering complex RC frame residential schemes in London (£25million+ value). You should be an excellent communicator, with the ability to manage and coordinate effectively a multidisciplinary team of consultants and be confident chairing meetings and leading the design process. You must have proven experience in working well within a team. Knowledge of BIM processes and software is essential, and experience delivering a project through the use of BIM is advantageous. You should have strong leadership skills and be able to manage and influence stakeholders both internally and externally.
Experience using AutoCAD (essential), ASTA Powerproject (desirable) and using Microsoft Office - PowerPoint, word and excel (essential). A design or construction focused degree or equivalent is desirable.
Please do not hesitate to contact Joshua Misailidis on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7478 2576 in confidence for a more comprehensive discussion surrounding what we feel is an excellent opportunity for a Design Manager.