Senior Development Manager - £65+ million Office Development
- GBP75000.00 - GBP90000.00 per annum + Pension, Health, Gym, 20% Bonus
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Development
- 23rd January 2020
- Job Type
Senior Development Manager - Client side - Landmark £65+ million London office development
£75,000 - £90,000 + Bonus + a comprehensive benefits package
Our client are a leading global investor, developer and operator with a multi-billion-pound asset portfolio primarily within the commercial office, residential, mixed-use retail and hospitality sector. Due to internal team development and further expansion of their London asset portfolio they are looking for a dynamic Development Manager to join their London team and take the lead role on a large £65+ million new build office.
- £75,000 - £90,000 per annum
- Leading benefits package to include pension, health and gym
- Bonus circa 20 - 30%
The successful Senior Development Manager will be joining a dynamic business with over £200 million of current development and an established office asset portfolio. The initial role will be to take the lead on a 100,000+ Sqft, £65+ million Grade A office and retail development. Reporting into the Head of Development the initial key objectives will including; finalising current appraisals, neighbourly matters, RofL, planning (S106, 278, 73), council negotiations and employers and contract proposals and then overseeing the team throughout demolition and delivery over a two year period. The development is an interesting façade retention, 10 storey central London scheme and the Senior Development Manager will have the autonomy to pick up and lead this development through, demolition and build and handover to the asset management team. In addition to this development the Development Manager will looking into other asset enhancements withing the portfolio and new acquisitions.
The business have a small development team and therefore they are looking for a dynamic individual with good commercial acumen and communication skills who is keen to take ownership of a key scheme and report into senior stakeholders within the business. The business has an exceptional culture and future growth plans in addition to having the opportunity to travel globally within the business or diversify into their other asset sectors.
Key duties will include:
- Design and execute the development strategy to optimise the site to ensure value.
- Be accountable for the development procurement strategy and tendering in line with the group's protocols.
- Take responsibility for appointments including architects, quantity surveyors and planning consultants, ensuring that planning calculations, design and initial feasibility are accurate.
- Work collaboratively with the Asset Management team and external stakeholders
- Manage scheme budgets and report on costs as required
- Chartered MRICS or equivalent preferable but not essential.
- Degree in Real Estate Development surveying / Project Management or equivalent
- Good experience in delivering new build office projects above £40 million
- Commercially astute with good leadership and communication skills
For further information and to apply for the role please send you CV through to email@example.com reference JN-112020-69643