Senior Estimator - Work Winning
- GBP60000 - GBP70000 per annum
- UK, North West
- Construction & Engineering, Cost Management/Quantity Surveying
- 25th October 2019
- Job Type
Position: Senior Estimator - Work Winning
Location: Manchester, UK
Salary and package: 60,000 - 70,000 DOE plus car allowance, pension, private medical cover
A leading Contractor is seeking to appoint a Senior Estimator to their cost division. This role will find you being responsible for leading the tender and work winning process within the infrastructure and civil engineering sector.
What will I be doing?
- Working closely within a bid team and be responsible for the preparation of the analytical estimate.
- Preparation of preliminaries (On-cost) pricing (In conjunction with Tender Planner).
- Presentation of the estimate at bid team meetings and final settlement of bid.
- Working to strict deadlines.
- Experience of pricing work under various forms of contract including Traditional NEC, Target Cost, Design & Build, Specification & Drawing or ECI bids.
- Preparation of quantities from drawings and specifications. Prepare abstract of material and sub-contract requirements for sourcing and pricing.
- Technical and commercial appraisal of material and subcontractor quotations.
- Preparation of analytical estimates including the detailed appraisal of construction plant and temporary works.
- In conjunction with the bid team, participate in the generation of value-engineered solutions throughout the bid stage design process and report on the cost effects of such solutions.
- Contribute to the submission document preparation.
- Contribute to the identification of risk and pricing of risks throughout the bid.
- Use of estimating software as a basis of preparing the estimate.
- Evaluate construction methods and formulate alternative proposals where necessary in conjunction with the bid team and tender planner.
- Associated forecasts of capital expenditure and income. Preparation of cash flow forecasts.
- Allocate and supervise work of subordinates within the Estimating Team to meet review and final submission deadlines Contribute to the submission document preparation.
- Contribute to the identification of risk and pricing of risks throughout the bid
- Attend site visits during tender period.
- You should be degree qualified or equivalent in a Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- You will have a depth of demonstrable experience working as an Estimator for a major contractor.
- You should be experienced in pricing medium to large value civil engineering works in the highways, rail, nuclear and water sectors would be an advantage with an interest in Technology and Consultancy.
- You will be able to demonstrate a commercial edge, win strategies and excellent hit rate.
- You will be commercially aware and a lateral thinker with a knowledge of various Forms of Contract.
- You should have a good technical understanding of Civil Engineering and the ability to promote alternative solutions.
- Knowledge of CCS Candy Estimating system would be an advantage albeit training will be given.
- A full driving licence.
Please do not hesitate to contact Joshua Misailidis on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call on 020 7478 2576 in confidence for a more comprehensive discussion surrounding what we feel is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Estimator .