- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Planning Engineering
- 15th October 2018
- Job Type
Are you tired of working for a faceless organisation, with endless bureaucracy and meetings about meetings? Want to change? Then this is the opportunity for you!
Our client is looking for a senior planner for their infrastructure division. They are medium-sized and privately owned with a solid reputation across Infrastructure and Rail sectors, with a turnover of approx. £120m currently, projected to become £200m in the next financial year. They are not driven by share price or ROI, allowing them to place a higher value on making their customer successful. As an environment to work in they are second to none, with excellent staff retention.
Due to an increased work load in the pipeline generated by successful tenders, combined with an impending senior planner retirement they have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planner to join their team. This role will suit a planner with rail or highways experience that is looking to step up into a more senior role, and ultimately have greater responsibility for the planning element of projects. Ideally you will have come from an Engineering background, with site experience prior to focusing on planning.
As a Senior Planner you will be a key member of the infrastructure team and be responsible for;
- Managing the schedule of multiple projects at one time
- Liaising with several sub-contractors and site staff to create the master schedule
- Identifying cost or time saving alterations and implementing
- Establishing and agreeing with the site delivery team methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning
To be considered for this role you will;
- be educated to degree level or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- have experience of linear projects, e.g rail or highways
- be competent in using planning software, Primavera, Asta Power or MS Project.
If this role sounds of interest then please apply online with your current CV.
Cobalt Recruitment London is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.