Senior Project Controller
- GBP70000 - GBP75000 per annum + bonus, car allowance, benefits package
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Planning Engineering
- 26th February 2018
- Job Type
Job Title - Senior Project Controller - London - Infrastructure
Location - London
Salary - £70,000 / £75,000
Day Rate - £425 / £500 a day
Cobalt are looking for a Senior Project Controller to be based in London, serving projects and clients predominantly in and near London. The type of work is varied, and includes both working as part of a commercial management function, ensuring design commissions are successfully delivered, and providing project controls consultancy services to external clients.
- Supporting the design and implementation of Project Controls environments predominantly in an engineering design setting.
- Assisting in setting up project controls software, using systems such as Deltek Cobra and Ares Prism
- Working with planners to assist in defining Work Breakdown Structures and loading resources/ costs into Primavera P6
- Working with project commercial managers to ensure cost work breakdown structures, cost collection and resource rates are established and recorded correctly.
- Providing an ongoing project controls service as part of a commercial and schedule management function.
- Providing management reports and analysis including earned value management reports, cashflow forecasts, profitability forecasts and invoice data.
- Managing the impact of change on cost forecasts and programme.
- Assist with the management of the Project Controls team based in London.
- Assist with general project management duties.
- Prior experience of using project controls software, eg Deltek Cobra and Ares Prism
- Prior experience of using scheduling software, eg Primavera. Microsoft Project also advantageous.
- Commercial acumen
- Knowledge or experience of engineering / building design would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of working on design programmes and knowledge of design processes (eg RIBA, GRIP...).
- Good Excel skills are required.
- An understanding of the NEC form of contract would be an advantage but not essential.
- Need to be methodical and meticulous.
- Need to have excellent communication and inter personal skills, including client facing.
- Need to be pro-active and a team player.
- Need to be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Ideally degree qualified.
- Ideally have at least 15 years relevant experience
If you feel that this is the role for you, then please apply below.