Senior Project Manager - Wellington
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Construction & Engineering, Project Management
- 14th November 2018
- Job Type
A superb opportunity to join a leading nationwide Project Management consultancy is now available! This leading firm are looking to appoint a motivated and driven Project Manager to join their successful team in Wellington, working on a good mixture of public and private projects within the Commercial and Office, Residential and Educational sectors ranging from $2 - $100M+.
As a Project Manager you will work with a strong, high performing team with a strong contingent of Senior Project Managers to ensure there is a good level of support and mentoring. You will contribute to delivering premium services in the above sectors and become a part of their track record on delivering some of the highest quality projects in Wellington.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a creditable consultancy who are invested in giving back to their people, and succession planning them into higher roles and opportunities with becoming the leading experts in the industry, while also gaining a competitive salary and joining an excellent work culture.
- Ensure completion of the project in a timely manner and within the budgetary limits
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of projects.
- Monitors and reports on project programs cost, QA and profitability.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively including holding status meetings regularly
- Effectively applies Project Management methodology.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each contributor's capabilities and/or interests.
- Keep Directors informed of project progress and cost status
- Client management - effectively work with team and managers to ensure relevant communication with the client is done
- Understand cost-to-completion projections and making decisions accordingly
- 8+ years experience in the construction industry as a preference
- Prioritise workload to ensure work of the greatest importance to the business is undertaken with urgency and to a high standard.
- Serve the business in good faith, promoting and protecting the business best interests.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A relationship builder - able to hold strong relationships with clients
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required
You will need to be currently in New Zealand to interview, have a valid New Zealand visa and similar experience in the local market.
Please hit 'Apply Now' if you are interested in this role or interested in hearing about similar roles.