- GBP75000 - GBP85000 per annum + car allowance, Bonus, pension, health
- UK, Surrey
- Construction & Engineering, Planning Engineering
- 30th October 2018
- Job Type
Job Title - Cost Estimator
Salary - £75,000 / £85,000 + car allowance, pension, health and bonus
Location - Surrey
Working within the Commercial estimating team on large opportunities within the public and defence sector. Supporting the Bid Directors and Technical Leads with Hard Facilities Maintenance resource/cost estimation for planned, reactive and small/project works and rate schedules:
* Establishes the PPM time and cost requirements for assets using the SFG20 standard.
* Delineates between various delivery options and outlines "best Value for Money" maintenance regimes for planned and reactive work.
* Defines the market rates for priced additional works and projects, with associated discounts.
* Identifies and defines the market position and adjustments for overhead, profit, risk and contingency amounts against work volumes.
* Makes efficiency adjustments, understanding and effectively iterating any associated risks.
* Supports the development of the PPM delivery strategy and resource requirements.
* Liaison with suppliers to gather specialist support cost requirements.
* Provides analysis and support material for potential change events to allow project to make informed decisions.
* Contributing to status project reporting.
* Hold, have held or eligible to apply for UK based security clearance.
* Qualification in Quantity Surveying and membership of appropriate professional body.
* Technical Trade Qualification.
Experience and Skills:
Experience and Skills:
* Experience in building models (Excel) and populating/estimating against asset management and maintenance standards.
* Experience in working with a variety of technical maintenance standards, including SFG 20.
* Technical understanding of task types and maintenance planning, duration and scheduling.
* Ability to assimilate resource and cost planning information from a variety of sources, understand the impact/implications of mis-alignments and discrepancies.
* Proven ability to collaborate with team members to achieve optimal time, cost, performance goals.
* Proven ability to develop cost plans against a Hard Facilities Maintenance (planned and reactive) strategy and schedule.
* Current understanding of labour and on cost market rates throughout the UK, including specialist sub-contract charges, for M&E and Fabric Maintenance.
* Current understanding of UK materials rates and costs.
* Able to apply volume and rate discounts - understanding and effectively iterating associated risks.
* Current understanding of UK FM industry overhead, profit, risk and contingency rates.
* Good organisational skills giving the ability to deliver to timeframes and estimates.
* Good written, oral, comprehension and presentational skills to enable effective communication with customers and management.
* Ability to work independently, keeping management adequately informed.
* Ability to work with a wide range of people with differing skills and experience
* Experience of working in a SharePoint solution environment.
* Experience in asset management (CAFM) systems.
* Experience of working in the Public Sector and Defence Infrastructure environments.
* Broad knowledge of the Facilities Management industry.
* Experience of working in a secure environment.
* Experience of working on Bids and Proposals
If you feel that this is the job for you, then please apply with your up to date CV.