Senior Quantity Surveyor (Main contractor)
- NZD100000 - NZD130000 per annum + vehicle, laptop, phone..
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Cost Management/Quantity Surveying
- 5th February 2019
- Job Type
This company have traditional kiwi values - get the job done and get it done right first time with an emphasis on service and quality. They are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their very close knit team, with their QS's based in the office less than 10 minute drive outside the city (slightly west location). They like a bit of banter, have a modern office with a cool little bar room in the office to let off steam and watch some games. Most importantly they are genuine, passionate and down to earth people who love being a part of construction.
They are a mid tier main commercial contractor who work on projects generally between $2 - $30m which can vary from new build apartments to a church refurbishments and fit out to a childcare centre. The company has been around for over 20 years but the guys themselves have been in construction for even longer than that. They are a very values based company who really pride themselves on the service they provide to clients and appreciate the team around them who make that happen.
- Ensure financial success of projects you are in charge of
- Support the other less experienced quantity surveyors
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and forecasting of projects costs
You will need:
- Minimum 10 years experience as QS with at least half of those in New Zealand
- Tertiary qualification in related field
- Stable work history - job hoppers will not be considered highly
- Experience working in a main contractor environment
- Thorough eye for detail and commercial awareness
- Very important is a good sense of humour, a positive demeanor while the ability to be professional and build relationships!
If this sounds like you and you are entitled to work in New Zealand, register your interest by hitting the Apply Now button below and send through your CV with a covering letter. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Carol Kelly on 027 274 3902.