Senior Site Agent - Highways
- GBP50000.00 - GBP65000 per annum
- UK, North West
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 30th November 2018
- Job Type
You will be working for one the UK's leading privately owned, regional contractors. Their focus is connecting communities, transforming and maintaining the places we live, work and relax.
As Senior Site Agent you will play an integral role, supporting the delivery and performance of all aspects of project delivery and management and will operate as a Section Lead on the project and be responsible for the progress and performance of the package of works, ensuring communication between other site teams, liaising also with the cost control team to ensure the works are in line with forecasts and budget.
This project continues building on a successful track record delivering to Highways England adding to the client's impressive portfolio of Major Highway works.
- Ensure all necessary pre-construction documentation has been completed in a timely manner, ensure that the physical construction works can be executed safely, to the defined quality and in line with the project programme/outputs. This pre-construction documentation will include, but not limited to: WPP's, Quality Plans, ITP's, Temporary works designs.
- Management of Key Performance Indicators that are defined by both client and company.
- Ensure all works are executed in accordance with the company's BMS (Business Management System)
- To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- To programme works in conjunction with nominated contractor and provide short term and as built programmes as required.
- Liaise with the design team to ensure the design deliverables are received in time for efficient delivery of the site works
- Monitor that the Buying team and commercial department order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations. Ensure subcontractors comply with company standards.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of HND (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
- Must have Civil Engineering experience gained with a civil engineering main contractor (UK or overseas)
- Experience in a project environment
- Experience of change management and value engineering
- Experience delivering highway and roadwork projects
- Exposure on new build structure schemes will also be a distinct advantage
- CSCS Managers Category
- Temporary works experience preferable
- Ability to scrutinise design information and provide value adding input to ensure the optimum solutions are developed for the construction phase.
In return our client offers an opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting construction projects, initially based in the North-west for at least 18 months, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
If this role sounds of interest then please apply online with your current CV.