Site Engineer - Highways
- GBP27000 - GBP35000 per annum
- UK, North West
- Construction & Engineering, Construction Supervision
- 30th November 2018
- Job Type
Permanent - Site Engineer
£27,000-£35,000 + Package
Are you a site engineer with experience working on major highways projects? Would you like to join a privately owned organisation with consistent work in the North-West of England?
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer with highways experience to get involved on one of the biggest highways projects in the region. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the industries leading engineers on a daily basis.
Our client has a great pipeline of works in this area, so you will be in a settled location for many years.
- Actively lead this initiative and will be responsible for monitoring the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan, maintaining as built records.
- Assist the Project Manager in the initial site set-up and day to day running of the site.
- Rigorously apply effective planning techniques, methods analysis and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of resources.
- Assist the Site Manager and Quantity Surveying Department by compiling data to record resources utilised on each activity.
- Participate in the implementation of strict financial controls on the payment of subcontractors, suppliers and operatives.
- Co-ordinate site setting out to satisfy contract programme requirements, delegating or carrying out setting out as necessary.
- Ensure standard Company procedures are adopted in carrying out setting out operations, and that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with all Head Office Departments to improve all levels of communication so as to benefit and develop overall Company objectives.
- Actively support the Site Manager in maintaining and enforcing safety standards as required by statute and in accordance with the Company's Safety Policies.
What you need;
- Experience on Highways, Infrastructure, Public Realm, Drainage
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Innovative thinking
- An excellent communicator
- A high-level of diplomacy and customer focus
- Working within a team environment
If this role sounds of interest then please apply online with your current CV.