- NZD70000.00 - NZD85000.00 per annum + flexible working arrangements
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 3rd July 2019
- Job Type
Arguably one of the biggest players in the land development and infrastructure market, our client is a New Zealand owned multidisciplinary consultancy. Also considered trans disciplinary, they cover a variety of sectors including, but not limited to structural, civil and design engineering as well as planning, surveying and project management. Going from strength to strength, they are now looking to grow their structural engineering team in Christchurch.
Our client believes in their engineers "owning" their own projects and in this role you will be tasked with managing a variety of projects in a 360 degree capacity, from initial proposal phase to construction administration and monitoring. Working in the commercial and new build sectors, you will be involved in the initial site investigation (including report writing), preliminary & detailed design and overseeing earthquake assessments and repair.
To be successful in this role, you the ideal candidate possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Engineering Degree
- 5+ years of New Zealand experience as a structural engineer
- Understanding of New Zealand building codes
- Highly experienced designing in Revit
- Able to undertake seismic assessments - ISA & DSA
- Great communicator - both verbal and written
The ideal candidate will:
- Be self motivated - able to work autonomously
- Have a hunger to expand their technical knowledge
- Enjoy the rewards and responsibility of managing their own projects
- Believe in and excel at working in a collaborative environment
On offer is a lucrative package with a well-known name in the industry including a highly competitive base salary, flexible working options (including the option of a 9 day fortnight) and the ability to progress your career with a company that has a strong history of continuous growth. With an ever-growing project pipeline, there are plenty of high profile opportunities to keep you interest piqued and grow your skillset in the market. Praised for their brilliant company culture, this opportunity is not going to be on the market very long.
For questions, get in touch with our Engineering Recruitment Consultant, Varshaa Veerakumar, today at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 027 274 3203