Temporary Works Design Engineer
- GBP35000 - GBP456000 per annum + strong benefits
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 7th May 2019
- Job Type
Position: Temporary Works Design Engineer
Remuneration: 35,000 - 45,000 per annum with strong benefits including 26 days holiday, dc pension, private medical cover, company car or car allowance
Due to several significant project wins, a leading family run Civil Engineering Contractor is seeking to strengthen its Temporary Works team.
This position will find you responsible as Assistant Technical Manager, supporting across several projects and working closely with other Technical Managers in different disciplines. You will be responsible for all the Temporary Works, including; Excavations, Temporary slopes, Formwork, Falsework, Propping, Façade retention, Shoring and temporary bridges, etc.
Why would you consider this role?
- Development - our client wants to actively support individuals through their ICE Chartership.
- An excellent first step away from consultancy
- An opportunity to see many projects through their entire life cycle in a short period of time
- Culture - a unique culture is on offer, one that is driven by providing a proper work life balance which in turn means a happy and motivated team.
- Growth - projecting strong growth which will offer you a clear development path
- Team - They build great teams who prove time and time again that they work towards common goals
- As Temporary Works Engineer, responsible for carrying out designs as well as carrying out formal checks across another engineers' work
- Design complex solutions using the following temporary works equipment to BS5975
- Scoping temporary works design packages for external subcontract designers and managing the design process from the initial design brief preparation through to construction on site.
- Carrying out the checks of the scheme(s) during construction on site and liaising with the TWC
- BEng / MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering. A BEng/MEng/BSc/MSc in a similar construction related engineering discipline will be considered.
- CEng or working towards Chartership
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Experience of structural and civil engineering design
- Good practical knowledge across a broad scope of temporary works and permanent works
- Full working knowledge and experience using design tools such as Autodesk AutoCAD software package (Full, LT, Civil)
If you believe you have the talent and all-round abilities that our client is looking for please get in touch.