- GBP25 - GBP30 per hour
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical
- 22nd March 2018
- Job Type
A new opportunity has become available for a Water Engineer at a respected Local Authority in London. You will be flexible with your approach to work and be able to tackle a variety of projects.
£25 - £30 Per Hour
(Depending on Experience)
You should be confident and comfortable in a customer facing environment, a problem solver and be able to think out of the box.
- Responsible for ensuring the organisation is complying with current legislation and legal requirements with regards to water hygiene.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of domestic works including tank replacements, inspections, specifications, estimates and maintenance.
- Responsible for reviewing policies, risk assessments and monitoring data.
- Manage and deliver L8 inspections.
- Engage with residents and their representatives, ensuring they are kept informed of performance, improvement plans and cost issues.
- Responsible for liaising with in-house service providers and managing contractor staff to ensure the delivery of a top quality service.
- Ensure all Health and safety policies, regulations and procedures that are within the remit of the role, are communicated to staff and complied with at all times.
- HND/HNC, diploma or degree level qualification in Engineering/Plumbing or similar.
- Experience of working in a social housing or private rent environment.
- Technical Knowledge sufficient to manage a variety of maintenance and repairs programmes across a range of different stock types.
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Competency in the use of IT, including Excel
- Experience in CAD is preferable.
This is an ideal opportunity to work for a well run organisation and to gain invaluable experience within the field.
What to do next...
If you are interested in the position or wish for further information please submit your CV in Word format