R&D Engineer (Flash/Lamp Production)
- SGD5000.00 - SGD7000.00 per month
- Asia, Singapore
- Engineering, Fintech & Proptech
- 27th February 2019
- Job Type
Cobalt is proud to partner with an industry leader in market-driven innovative solution of photonics technology. Due to business expanding in Singapore, they are looking to bring on board a qualified R&D Engineer.
This role will be reporting to Unit Manager in Singapore and is required to station in Batam, Indonesia for 1 year for the process transfer phase.
In this role, it will cover two phases of Process Transfer and R&D (Post Transfer):
Process Transfer Phase
- Drive the development and design transfer for company trademark products from HQ to Batam, Indonesia which ultimately leading to mass production in Batam.
- Manage and provide technical leadership to manage & realize product/process transfer timeline and critical paths to meet transfer objective and target.
- Determine and develop manufacturing processes by studying process transfer requirements, researching, designing, adapting manufacturing methods and equipment within the transfer scope.
R&D (Post Transfer)
- Engage in development research/competitor analysis as input to future technical roadmap and conceptual design and research.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency (capacity & productivity) by analysing and planning work-flow and equipment layout
- Manage / lead customers' sample request.
- Work with Batam team to assure product and process quality (yield) by designing reliable methods, process capabilities and standardize document (WI, FMEA, PCP)
- Drive improvement program through 6sigma/Lean activities
To be successful in this role,
- You will possess a Technical Degree in Science or Engineering with at least 5 years of working experience in High Tech Manufacturing.
- Experience in Flash/Lamps Production will be an added advantage
If an opportunity is of interest, then please share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +65 6800 9275 for a confidential discussion on this role.
EA License No: 12C6031 | Reg No: R1547510