Accounts Payable Assistant
- Up to GBP22000.00 per annum
- UK, North West
- Financial Services, Property & Real Estate Finance
- 5th February 2019
- Job Type
Accounts Payable Assistant, Full-Time, Permanent, Stockport, £22,000 Per Annum.
My client is a prestigious health care provider and is recruiting for an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant to join their expanding team on their central Stockport site. The main purpose of the role is to carry out financial and administrative duties to support the Accounts Payable function. This includes processing invoices and making payments to contractors and suppliers for goods and services, utilising relevant purchasing, invoice, and other IT systems.
Main duties of the role include:
- Provide clear and accurate advice to suppliers and colleagues on Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Carry out financial/administrative activity required to ensure effective processing of invoices and timely payments to contractors and suppliers.
- Develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate to ensure effective invoice processing and timely payments are progressed, escalating for line management intervention as required.
- Reconcile supplier statements with internal system records, identifying and resolving issues where possible or escalating as appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to financial controls and business processes to effectively support Accounts Payable Services. Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Ensure data protection requirements are always adhered to.
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate data is held and purchase order and invoice issues are investigated and resolved in line with agreed procedures and service level agreements, escalating as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a similar role previously
- A good well-rounded knowledge of the Accounts Payable process end to end
- You will have experience of processing and payment of invoices.
- Experience of processing supplier invoices within an accounts payable department.
- Good Knowledge MS Excel.
- Basic knowledge of financial controls.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to deadlines and prioritise workload.
If you are interested in the above vacancy then please apply directly here by uploading the most up to date version of your CV.