Associate Director, Origination - Real Estate Debt
- UK, London
- Financial Services, Property & Real Estate Finance
- 18th July 2018
- Job Type
The team manages over €20bn of assets in third party funds and proprietary capital, principally in closed end funds and is a well renowned, global investor in Real Estate. They have offices spanning multiple continents but this team specifically is a tight-knit team where there is still an entrepreneurial feel to how they go out to market and lend.
This role sits in the firm's growing Real Estate Finance team and the candidate will be involved in origination, executing and closing senior and stretch senior/whole loan transactuion in the UK. The team is tight-knit currently and they are principally tasked with investing private capital from pension funds and insurance companies but also investing for a publically-listed debt fund providing stretch senior and whole loans. Senior debt is one of the firm's core lending strategies with over £3bn in AUM and a key target for future growth.
- Generating new business leads, clients and opportunities.
- Reviewing CRE senior lending opportunities, including cashflow modelling, market research, sponsor due diligence etc to assess the strength and viability of the opportunity. Property inspections to be undertaken as needed.
- Making recommendations on lending terms and pricing to the Head of Senior Debt and negotiating heads of terms with borrowers.
- Preparing clear, concise Investment Committee papers analysing the lending opportunity in detail, assessing merits and key risks of the deal. Presenting the opportunity to Investment Committee, responding to Q&A and making recommendations.
- Full transaction execution responsibilities, including:
- Instructing and engaging with third party advisers to conduct due diligence on the firm's behalf.
- Negotiating LMA-style loan and security documentation with the team's legal advisers and borrowers.
- Reviewing property, valuation and insurance due diligence materials as required.
- Undertaking customer set-up (KYC) requirements.
- Arranging drawdown notices and liaising with internal and third party (e.g. Agency) teams as needed to ensure transactions complete in a timely manner
- Maintaining detailed files and records, and handing over transactions to portfolio management team
- Post-closing, ongoing liaison with borrowers may be required in conjunction with portfolio management team
- Working with and oversight of more junior team members to assist with transactions.