Associate - Infrastructure Private Equity
- Negotiable + Competitive salary + bonus
- UK, London
- Financial Services, Private Equity/Principal Investment
- 4th September 2019
- Job Type
Our client is a newly established infrastructure private equity fund based in London. With an exceptionally strong financial backing from several prominent institutions and several seed assets under their management, the fund will focus on investing across the infrastructure space with a European focus and currently have several deals in the pipeline.
As the fund continues to source deals, there is a need to hire an Associate to support the senior members of the business with the execution of investments. This is an excellent opportunity for a junior infrastructure investment banking, private equity or project finance professional to move to the buy-side where you will have the chance to regularly do deals.
The Associate will:
- Support senior members of the team to execute infrastructure investments across Europe with a key focus on the renewable energy market.
- Take responsibility for building financial models, conducting due diligence, valuations and creating Investment Committee presentations and memos.
- Support origination efforts by conducting market research and analysis to generate investment opportunities and leads.
Interested candidates must:
- Be currently sitting in a Senior Analyst, Junior Associate or similar position within the Infrastructure Team of either a private equity group, investment bank or project finance.
- Have a good understanding of the infrastructure space with proven deal experience.
- Possess an exceptionally strong and all-round technical skillset with the ability to build financial models, conduct due diligence and valuations.
- Hold a finance, mathematical or engineering related degree from a highly regarded university.
- Have very strong communication skills and fluency in a European language is preferable but not necessary.
- Be motivated to join a growing fund where you have the chance to build a long term career whilst developing a strong deal sheet.
The criteria listed above will be strictly applied. If you feel you meet the requirements, please submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Cobalt are specialists in the European infrastructure investment market.
Cobalt Consulting (Asia) Pte Limited | License No. 12C6031