Associate - Real Estate Principal Investment & M&A
- UK, London
- Financial Services, Investment Banking
- 12th February 2019
- Job Type
The company provides advisory services with a focus on providing private capital raising and strategic advice to real estate fund sponsors, operators, REITs and other real estate market participants. They work with some of the most prominent international and domestic real estate companies to create private equity capital solutions involving institutional and accredited individual investors. The business also provides investment management services for its own book as well as for third-party clients, including institutional and high-net-worth investors. They seek to generate superior risk-adjusted, long-term results by accessing top-tier fund managers in strategies that are under-served or not widely recognised by equity capital sources today, but are expected to be more widely followed over the intermediate-term.
The Company is seeking an individual with a strong interest in real estate finance to join its London office. The Associate will gain exposure to strong deal flow and an expanded knowledge of the real estate private equity industry, as he/she develops key analytical, underwriting, communication, marketing and sales skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Organizing and preparing offering memoranda, investor presentations and other marketing materials
- Creating and analyzing financial models
- Participating in comprehensive due diligence on, and performing underwriting of, sponsors, strategies, markets and properties
- Assisting the firm's principals with the underwriting of potential investment opportunities
- Participating in asset management activities, including monitoring and reporting, for investments
Ideal candidates will possess a relevant bachelor's degree and real estate experience in finance or accounting, preferably with investment banking, real estate private equity, investment management or similar background.
Essential attributes include:
- Excellent academic record
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills and ability to multi‐task in a changing environment
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- A "team player" mentality, integrity, entrepreneurial spirit, a positive attitude and a compelling interest in the real estate industry
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (knowledge of Argus is a plus)