Co-Head of Direct Infrastructure Investment - UAE
- Negotiable + Highly competitive + bonus + LTIP
- UK, London
- Financial Services, Private Equity/Principal Investment
- 14th January 2020
- Job Type
Our client is a very highly regarded and internationally recognised sovereign wealth fund based in the UAE. Having developed a world class investment team with a large pool of capital, they have built an impressive portfolio of assets across a variety of sectors, asset classes and developed markets.
As the business continues to rapidly invest, there is a need to hire a Co-Head for the Infrastructure Investment Team in the UAE to lead their direct and co-investments globally. This is an excellent opportunity for an established infrastructure investment professional to join an exceptionally well backed fund where you will have the chance to regularly invest on a global basis and build an outstanding deal track record.
The Co-Head will:
- Report directly to the Chief Investment officer whilst managing a small and growing team.
- Lead the origination and execution of infrastructure investments on a global basis with a focus on developed markets.
- Regularly interact and liaise with bankers, investors and industry professionals to generate investment opportunities.
- Oversee the execution of investments including leading the valuation, due diligence and presentation of opportunities to the Investment Committee.
- Conduct portfolio analysis and monitoring, providing regular updates and reports to the Investment Committee and senior management.
- Provide training to junior members of the team as and when necessary.
Interested candidates must:
- Have extensive experience in leading investments from origination to execution within a highly regarded principal fund.
- Be currently based in a leading financial centre such as the UK, US or Australia.
- Possess a proven international deal track record with experience investing across all areas of the infrastructure space including power, energy, utilities and transportation.
- Demonstrate excellent technical abilities as well as understanding of the infrastructure market.
- Have managed a team of direct reports with experience in providing training.
- Hold a business, finance, mathematical or related degree from a highly regarded university and an MBA is preferred.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Be motivated and excited by the opportunity to live in the UAE.
The criteria listed above will be strictly applied. Should you feel you meet the requirements, you are respectfully requested to submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Cobalt are specialists in the Infrastructure Financial Services market.