Credit Control Assistant
- GBP25000.00 - GBP26000 per annum
- UK, Midlands
- Financial Services, Property & Real Estate Finance
- 9th April 2019
- Job Type
Credit Control Assistant, Full-Time, Temporary Contract (Minimum of Four Weeks), Birmingham, £25,000 - 26,000 Per Annum
Cobalt are delighted to be working alongside one of the world's leading property consultancies, with a new mandate for a temporary Credit Control Assistant in their central Birmingham office.
The role functions as part of a small team responsible for managing the recovery of monies from tenants / occupiers. The role objective is to support the Credit Controller and liaise with tenants on all outstanding debts.
Main duties of the role include:
- Chasing arrears on behalf of clients in accordance with clients' debt recovery policies
- Liaising with surveyors and client accountants to resolve tenant queries about charges and payments
- Maintaining records of tenant actions to settle arrears, including monitoring performance against agreed payment plans
- Keeping surveyors responsible for clients and tenants informed of progress in collecting arrears
- Ensure that all queries are dealt within agreed SLA's (24 hours)
- Liaising with surveyors and client accountants as required
- Reconcile tenant statements and aged debtor reports
- Contribute to the identification of unallocated cash
- Adhere to all agreed procedures and controls
- Ad hoc administrative duties
- Assist in the allocation of cash receipts at peak periods
- Participate in the company's performance management programme
- Provide tenants with copies of any missing documentation, creating and issuing charges as necessary
The ideal candidate must have:
- Previous experience in a credit control and rent collection role busy office environment.
- Experience of using computer-based accounting systems, ideally Tramps, or similar packages such as Yardi Propware / Voyager, Qube Horizon.
- A qualification or part qualification in credit control and debt management or a related accounting discipline a distinct advantage.
- Must be highly numerate and accurate with strong attention to detail
- Must be tenacious and highly self-motivated
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Conscientious and highly focussed
- Good skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills with professional telephone manner
If you are interested in the above vacancy, please apply by uploading an up to date copy of your CV directly to this advert.