Infrastructure Private Equity - Associate
- Negotiable + Competitive salary + bonus
- UK, London
- Financial Services, Private Equity/Principal Investment
- 12th March 2020
- Job Type
We are working with a very exciting and newly established infrastructure private equity fund to hire an Investment Associate. The fund has been established by several senior and industry leading investment professionals with proven track records developed a market leading funds. With a strong financial backing, the fund will initially focus on investing in Europe across all infrastructure asset classes including but not limited to power, energy, utilities and transportation with private equity style returns.
The Associate will support senior members of the business with the origination and execution efforts. This is an outstanding opportunity for an infrastructure professional from either a principal fund or top-tier bank to join a new and growing team where you will have the opportunity to regularly invest, have wider exposure compared to sitting in larger funds and have the chance to build a long term career with the growth opportunities.
The Associate will;
- Support the senior members of the business with origination and execution efforts across the European infrastructure market.
- Conduct market research and analysis to generate investment opportunities.
- Play a key role on the execution of deals, taking responsibility for building financial models and conducting due diligence.
- Create Investment Committee presentations and memorandums to pitch opportunities both internally as well as to co-investors.
- Oversee and coordinate 3rd party advisers.
- Regularly interact and liaise with all levels of management within target and portfolio companies.
- Have the opportunity to regularly invest and build a market leading deal track record.
Interested candidates must;
- Be currently sitting in an Associate or similar level position within the Infrastructure Division of a fund or top-tier investment bank in London or wider Europe.
- Have a strong understanding and interest in the European infrastructure market.
- Possess a solid deal track record having worked on transactions across one or more areas of the infrastructure space - power, energy, utilities or transportation.
- Have excellent technical abilities including building financial models from scratch, conducting due diligence and valuations.
- Demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact and liaise with all levels of management.
- Hold a finance, business, engineering or related degree from a strong university.
- Be highly driven, motivated and a self starter.
The criteria listed above will be strictly applied. If you feel you meet the requirements, you are respectfully requested to submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Cobalt are specialists in the infrastructure market.