Investment Director, Indonesia Based
- Asia, Other AsiaPac
- Financial Services, Private Equity/Principal Investment
- 21st January 2019
- Job Type
Our client is a very highly and established multibillion-dollar private equity fund with an Asia focus. As they continue to rapidly invest and grow, they need to urgently hire an Investment Director for their Jakarta, Indonesia office.
Reporting directly to senior management, this is a newly created role within the organisation and is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to lead on originating and executing private equity investments in buyouts and financial restructuring across the South East Asia region.
The Investment Director will;
- Lead the full investment life cycle from origination to execution as well as portfolio management with a focus on the Indonesian and wider SEA market.
- Regularly interact and liaise with investment bankers, other investment funds and market experts to generate investment opportunities.
- Oversee a small team for the execution of investments whilst being hands-on with the process.
- Prepare and present Investment Committee presentations and memorandums.
- Regularly interact and work with senior management of portfolio companies to help them achieve growth in line with stakeholder expectations.
- Manage and grow and small team underneath them whilst providing training to junior members of the team.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience having started their career in a leading strategy consulting group or Big Four firm and may be currently sitting in a private equity fund.
- Have a proven investment deal track record in Indonesia and the wider South East Asia market.
- Demonstrate a very strong network with experience and ability to generate investment leads.
- Possess exceptionally strong technical skill having led investments from origination to execution, including building financial models from scratch, conducting due diligence and presenting to Investment Committees.
- Have very strong presentation and communication skills including fluency in English and Indonesian Bahasa (due to the role being based and investing in Indonesia) with the ability to interact and liaise with all levels of management.
- Must be excited to work within a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and be a self-starter.
Due to the nature of the role, only candidates meeting the above requirements will be shortlisted. Should you feel you meet the requirements, you are respectfully requested to submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
License No. 12C6031
EA Reg. ID R1442158
Cobalt is specialists in the Asian Principal Investment market.