Regional Technical Assistance Manager
- Asia, Singapore
- Financial Services, Infrastructure & Project Finance
- 17th February 2020
- Job Type
We are excited to announce that Cobalt is partnering with Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) on an exclusive basis to hire a Regional Technical Assistance Manager for their team in Singapore.
The Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) is an innovative infrastructure development and finance organisation delivering pioneering infrastructure in the poorest and most fragile countries in Africa and South-East Asia. The purpose is to combat poverty through promoting the construction of private infrastructure projects, helping economies grow and changing people's lives. The vision is the enhanced provision of affordable and sustainable infrastructure services in low-income countries and fragile states across a number of key sectors, including power, transportation, water, telecoms, affordable housing, and agri-infrastructure, leading to greater inclusion and poverty reduction.
The Regional TA Manager is responsible for liaising with the management and staff of other PIDG companies active in Asia and interfacing with the London TA team driving business development and providing advice on the implementing PIDG TA's technical assistance activities within the region.
The TA manager will:
- Report directly to the Head of TA who is based in London.
- Provide advice to the PIDG TA team on the allocation of PIDG TA resources and the implementation of PIDG TA's technical assistance activities in the region with a strong emphasis on development outcomes.
- Evaluate specific grant funding proposals from PIDG companies to ensure that they appropriately support private participation in infrastructure in terms of legal, regulatory, policy, economic and/or financial implications and development impact.
- Assist the PIDG TA team in liaising with the management and staff of other PIDG companies active in the region.
- Proactively assist and advise managers and staff of other PIDG companies on their need for grant funding in support of projects.
- Advise on special requests for assistance from PIDG company managers and staff and support PIDG companies with the preparation of grant application submissions.
- Support with the promotion of strong strategic and operational partnerships with developing country governments, private sector representatives, civil society groups and the wider development community, including bilateral donors and multilateral development banks.
- Support PIDG's strategic engagement with Chinese infrastructure institutions
- Working with the PIDG TA team to ensure that the documentation provided to PIDG Ltd and its committees and the Board is of a high standard that enables PIDG Ltd (and the Board) to make informed decisions in PIDG TA's interests.
Interested candidates must;
- 5 to 8 years' experience in infrastructure finance in developing countries within Asia.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with policy and financing issues related to public-private partnerships and private investment in infrastructure.
- Advanced university degree in development, finance, economics or a related discipline.
- Professional training in project finance, infrastructure project appraisal, or a related area.
- Demonstrated track record of working in strategic partnership with development community actors, including government officials of developing countries, donors, private sector and civil society groups.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in interdisciplinary teams in an international environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) with a diverse group of constituencies.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese would be desirable.
The criteria listed above will be strictly applied. If you feel you meet the requirements, you are respectfully requested to submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Lic. No: 12C 6031
Reg. ID: R1442158
Cobalt Consulting (Asia) Pte Limited | License No. 12C6031