Senior Treasury Associate - Real Estate (Utrecht based)
- Northern & Western Europe, The Netherlands
- Financial Services, Property & Real Estate Finance
- 15th May 2018
- Job Type
The business is a leading independent buy-to-let and commercial real estate lending business, with knowledge of the national, regional and local real estate market providing loans for commercial real estate and for residential properties intended for rental or resale. It offers tailor-made solutions for the middle segment of the real estate market and has both know-how of credit, real estate and construction.
The business has the strong ambition to expand through organic growth and selective portfolio acquisitions to develop a market leading lending business. It is a longstanding and experienced company with a culture of a start-up. The business is backed by one of the largest global credit funds.
- Develop and maintain cashflow and financial models to support business decisions relating to liquidity management and Asset and Liability Management (ALM)
- Collaborate with the executive team and across the business to develop models and analyses that provide a clear understanding of business performance and the key factors that would impact financial performance
- Provide reporting based on the modelling to show historical and forecast funding requirements including advance rate requirements, impact on ROE of different scenarios
- Develop models that give insight in future profitability of the business from a ROI perspective
- Assist in detailed analysis of current funding lines (eg asset conditions, covenants, etc.) as well as future funding such as new bank credit lines and securitisation programs
- Monitor existing funding lines/transactions and intervene when necessary making proposals for efficient management of funding lines.
- Monitor, steer and report about the current hedging positions. Create a clear view on how the hedging strategy should be and translate this into a proposal
- Develop and create a clear vision on the various topics within ALM and translate this into a policy framework
- 5+ years of experience in both analytics and financial modelling preferably in a treasury team
- Happy to be located in Utrecht, Netherlands
- Highly analytical and creative mind set with a strong commercial orientation and an ability to identify key commercial factors
- Interest and capability to understand core business issues and deliver results from a strategic perspective
- Proficient with SQL and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and nonverbal presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated