Venture Capital Investment Associate
- Asia, Singapore
- Financial Services, Private Equity/Principal Investment
- 19th October 2018
- Job Type
Our client is a very highly regarded venture capital fund with a strong presence in Singapore and SEA. With an exceptionally strong financial backing and leading investment team, they have invested heavily across the region in many of the leading up and coming businesses and built a highly impressive portfolio of assets.
As the team continues to rapidly invest, there is a need to bring on board an Investment Analyst or Associate who will have the opportunity to be involved in the origination and execution of investments from day one. This is an outstanding opportunity for an investment banker to join a leading VC fund where you will have the chance to regularly invest and build an impressive network among the start up community.
The successful candidate will;
- Work with the senior members of the Investment Team to originate and execute investments across the South East Asia region.
- Regularly conduct market research and analyse market trends to generate investment opportunities.
- Continue to develop their network, regularly interacting with entrepreneurs, and industry experts to generate investment opportunities.
- Conduct financial and market analysis as well as due diligence on investment opportunities and generate investment reports and memos to present to senior management for approval.
- Work with the Founders of start-up companies to help them develop their strategies, operations and growth plans as well as assist with ad hoc needs including the hiring of senior business professionals as and when needed.
- Have the opportunity to regularly invest and work with founders of some of the leading start up companies.
Interested candidates must;
- Be currently sitting in a tier- one investment bank working on private equity M&A deals or have experience in starting your own company.
- Possess a very good understanding and a strong interest in technology and startup space in South East Asia.
- Huge preference will be given to Vietnamese or Thai speaking candidates as the role heavily involves Vietnam and Thailand as the primary market.
- Have experience providing strategy or operational advice to technology based companies.
- Possess a solid financial analytical skill set and background.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset with a strong interest in working with start-up companies as well the ability to think through and solve problems.
- Hold a finance, mathematics, business or technology related degree from a leading university.
- Have exceptionally strong communication skills with the ability to interact, liaise and build strong relationships with all levels of management and entrepreneurs.