Mechanical & Electrical Administrator
- GBP12000 - GBP20000 per annum
- UK, Midlands
- HR & Business Support, Business Support
- 8th February 2018
- Job Type
Mechanical & Electrical Administrator - Part Time
£18,000 - £20,000 pro rata
My client is a leading Independent Building Consultancy who is looking for a part-time Mechanical and Electrical Administrator to join their expanding team in the Birmingham office. The main functionality of the role is to provide full administration support to the Engineering team.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the set-up of new M&E instructions.
- Be central controller for coordinating and disseminating information to the M&E team.
- Manage resources internally to ensure smooth and efficient operation and correspondence between the team.
- Oversee appointment of external sub-consultants in line with company procedure, make arrangements for access and liaise throughout to ensure effective delivery of reports.
- Utilise Constructionline database to ensure that external sub-consultants are approved and compliant, including ongoing, regular audits.
- Undertake all necessary filing and where appropriate review of the existing filing system to ensure it mirrors the filing system within the companies framework.
- Assistance in developing and maintaining an M&E cost database to assist with estimating project costs.
- Oversee and update internal M&E data collection sheets.
- Address straightforward QA amendments and insert photographs into reports in the absence of the engineer.
- Review reports written in English by non-native English speakers to ensure grammatically and technically correct.
- Identify and research new legislation and ensure changes to procedures are communicated effectively to all relevant parties.
- Liaise with Human Resources regarding internal training.
- Other ad-hoc administration responsibilities.
- Excellent listening, grammar, numeracy, comprehension, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong organisation skills and ability to multitask under pressure.
- Can-do attitude, able to work well on their own or part of a team.
- Gathering and sorting data and with good attention to detail.
- Following and executing company policies and objectives.
- A keen interest in engineering.
- Proven experience within a similar professional services role within the same industry.