Property Team Administrator
- GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum + Benefits
- UK, London
- HR & Business Support, Business Support
- 13th May 2019
- Job Type
Property Team Administrator
South East London
Our client is a FTSE 250 property investment company with a £1.9bn portfolio, comprising 6.9m sq ft (over 641,000 sq m) of total floor space in the UK, Germany and France.
A position has arisen at their Head Office for an Operations Coordinator to join the team. This person will be responsible for providing operational and administrative support to the UK Property Department and also undertaking some roles for general Office Management.
- Providing office management services to the business
- Guide and oversee two Receptionists and a housekeeper to ensure a professional front of house is maintained and sufficient resources are afforded them
- Oversee office administration budgets
- Assist with the on site arrangements and oversight of standards for service providers
- Arranging small social events.
- Assisting the Facility Manager with small office moves, equipment purchases etc.
- General administrative duties for the UK Property Team that may include diary management, arranging internal and external meetings and arranging travel
- Organise the office operations and procedures, develop and refine procedures and policies as required. Manage the Property Team's archives.
- Maintenance and administration of the Property Team's Databases
- Arrange and attend the quarterly tenant meetings on site. Prepare and distribute the minutes and track completion of actions points.
- Be a member of the Business Continuity Team.
- Assist the Head of Property Management in developing Customer Relationship Management strategies, forms, and correspondence.
- Liaising with company contractors and tenants from within the company's property portfolio
- Proven experience in a similar administrative role.
- Experience in reviewing and implementing policies, procedures and 'best practice' in office and management.
- Preferable to have worked within the Property Industry, though not essential.
- Excellent customer service skills along with good interpersonal skills capable of liaising with a wide range of colleagues, tenants, contractors.
- Self-motivated with an ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve targets / deadlines with a minimum of supervision.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and good grammatical skills.
- A high level of MSWord, Excel, and Database (web hosted and MS Access) abilities. Able to pick up new systems quickly. Experience with administering social networks in a commercial environment is desirable.
- An understanding of Facilities Management would be desirable, but not essential.
To apply for this position please click on the link below