- GBP20000.00 - GBP23000.00 per annum
- UK, Midlands
- HR & Business Support, Business Support
- 5th October 2018
- Job Type
Competitve salary and benefits
The role of Team Secretary in our regional offices provides the main secretarial support to the office. In addition, in Birmingham, the role will involve deputising for the PA to the Partner, providing office administration for an office of approximately 15 Surveyors. The Team Secretary will also be part of the Secretarial team based in our London office and will be required to follow their departmental procedures.
Duties will include:
- Producing accurate reports, letters and other documents in accordance with company standard formats, meeting any agreed deadlines.
- Accurate and up to date filing of correspondence and other documentation.
- Planning, monitoring and control of own workload.
- Managing own and Surveyors diaries efficiently.
- Processing expense claims and travel arrangements for Surveyors.
- Following all departmental procedures including Health & Safety support to surveyors
- Operating a variety of standard office equipment, including photocopier, fax,telephone, binding machines and CD burning equipment
- Other ad-hoc secretarial and administration responsibilities
- This role will require the candidate to work within a team of Secretaries (the rest of whom are based in London) and be required (when possible) to assist other members of the secretarial team to ensure efficiency of the department is kept to a maximum.
In addition the Team Secretary may be required to help out with office administration such as:
- Incoming post - open, date stamp and pass to office partner. Receiving deliveries. Outgoing post - copy, prepare, frank and post.
- Filing. Creating electric and hard copy files. Archiving.
- Issuing reports - printing, binding and sending.
- Photocopying, printing, scanning, binding, uploading/re-sizing/transferring photos.
- Maintaining stationary stock and ordering items when necessary.
- Liaise with office cleaners and suppliers (milk man, papers, etc).
- Maintaining a tidy office.
- Extensive experience in digital dictation
- Accurate typing speeds, minimum 45-50 wpm
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications with intermediate experience in editing and formatting Excel documents
- Experience of working with Microsoft Outlook would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience within a similar role
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with clients, all levels of staff and other external contacts are essential.
- A professional and can-do attitude
- Self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational abilities and a good eye for detail
If you are interested in the role, please apply directly here by uploading a copy of your most up to date CV.