- Asia, Singapore
- Legal, In-house Legal
- 7th May 2019
- Job Type
Our client is one of the leading real estate companies and they're looking for a Head of Legal to join their office in Singapore.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing advice, support and guidance in relation to the Group's legal matters, across a wide spectrum of local and cross border projects and matters of the Group, which may involve mergers and acquisitions, financing, joint ventures, consortium arrangements, general corporate matters and legal disputes.
- Draft and review statutory announcement for the listed company
- Draft and review contracts and deal structures and participate in contract negotiations.
- Work closely with the Corporate Secretarial team to ensure effective administrative and compliant management of existing, acquired or joint venture entities.
- Identify areas of legal risk and mitigate those risks effectively on all projects and/or matters undertaken.
- Ensure corporate compliance with changes in laws and regulations.
- Perform other day-to-day business and legal affairs-related tasks.
- Recognized law degree with 6 to 9 PQE.
- Strong knowledge of Company and Corporate law, as well as real estate laws.
- Experience with Listed Companies preferred.
- Experience in corporate, mergers and acquisitions, financing, commercial matters in legal practice or in an in-house legal role.
- Experience with multi-jurisdictional transactions would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Mandarin required (in order to be able to review and comment on Chinese contracts and liaise with the Mandarin-speaking associates
License No 12C6031 / EA Reg ID R1325169