Inhouse- Legal Counsel
- Asia, Singapore
- Legal, In-house Legal
- 6th July 2018
- Job Type
Our client is one of the leading financial institutions who specialises in their area of financing. They are now looking to hire a mid to senior lawyer to join their team based in Singapore.
- Providing legal advice and guidance to the local origination team and the deal team at head-office.
- Conducting due diligence for all potential transactions. This includes identifying legal and credit issues and offering solutions.
- Preparing, reviewing, negotiating and/or finalizing cost undertaking letters, side letters, amendment agreements and finance documents, including legal opinions.
- Ensure compliance with local Know Your Customer guidelines and requirements in collaboration with the Compliance Officer.
- Providing ad-hoc local and/or regional legal support to, among others, Credit, Transaction Advisory and Legal at head-office on cross-border transactions and internal projects/processes, and the Compliance Officer on compliance / KYC processes.
- Assisting with local regulatory matters. For example, reviewing and interpreting MAS guidelines and regulations, and reviewing and advising on responses to auditors (internal and external) and MAS.
- Recognized Law Degree
- 4-8 PQE
- Chinese language proficiency (spoken and written) would be an advantage in order to deal with Chinese clients
- Experience in cross-border transactions would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with real estate transactions/laws and MAS merchant bank rules, regulations and guidelines would be an advantage.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal and interactive skills.
This firm is one of the leading companies in the industry and this role will be ideal for candidates looking for a challenging position with good work-life balance.
License No: 12C6031 / EA Reg. ID R1325169