- Asia, Singapore
- Legal, In-house Legal
- 7th May 2019
- Job Type
Cobalt is partnering InfraCo Asia Development (IAD) on an exclusive basis to hire a Legal Counsel to join their legal team in Singapore as part of their expansion.
IAD is a leading infrastructure investment and development company focused on the South and South East Asia regions. They take early stage equity stakes in developments and work with partners to develop the projects all the way to financial close or commercial operation. With strong financial backing, IAD has invested in numerous projects across the entire infrastructure space including power, energy and transportation to name a few.
Reporting to the Director, General Counsel with supporting function to Executive Management Team, the Paralegal will manage and assist in reporting, filing, administration and compliance matters for InfraCo Asia's companies and projects across InfraCo Asia's mandated countries of focus across South and South-East Asia.
The Paralegal is an integral part of the Legal and Compliance team, and will have a central role to play to help create, input into, and enforce, a robust framework of reporting and compliance to ensure that InfraCo Asia's public-sector funds are being utilised properly and in a way so as to mitigate reputational risks for InfraCo Asia and PIDG.
Requirements and Attributes
- 3 to 4 years (or more) of demonstrated commercial experience and experience in corporate secretarial matters;
- Diploma level qualifications or relevant corporate secretarial qualifications preferred
- Willingness to work in a team environment with a passion for improving the business and filing and administration processes is paramount.
- Exposure to emerging markets risk and compliance issues will be a strong plus.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively, take-on responsibility and take initiative to problem solve, improve processes and identify areas for early-stage attention, mitigation and resolution from a compliance and reporting perspective.
- Tenacious champion for reporting and compliance ability to handle third-parties to whom InfraCo Asia is working with or providing funding; able to anticipate problems and manage risks effectively; strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with, gain credibility and respect of the all internal and external stakeholders.
- Good working level comfort in written and spoken English and ability to communicate with persons and parties across cultures and borders.
- Strong appreciation and passion for PIDG and InfraCo Asia's mandate with a strong work ethic and desire to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment essential.
License No. 12C6031
Reg. ID R1551173