Senior Legal Counsel
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Legal, In-house Legal
- 20th May 2019
- Job Type
Our client is growing its in-house legal team and has an opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel and Legal Counsel to join its expanding team, reporting into the General Counsel. You will be part of a progressive organisation that provides innovative and customer-centric payment solutions. The organisation operates in a fast-paced environment where they are launching new products in the near future. Our client operates in a highly regulated environment, so understanding the impact of changes to legislation is key. Both roles offer a good work / life balance and flexibility in the way you can work. You will work closely with the business in providing commercially sound legal advice and work with stakeholders. The team culture is inclusive and diverse where you will be surrounded by smart, passionate people.
Senior Legal Counsel (8+ years' PQE)
- There are two parts to the business - consumer law and commercial and ideally you'll be strong in one or the other.
- Strong financial services legal experience required.
- Ideally you will have some in-house or secondment experience within a financial services organisation - however those working in private practice with relevant experience will be considered.
- A working knowledge of legislation such as the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act, Fair Trading Act, CCCFA and privacy law would be an advantage.
- Ability to work with a good degree of independence.
Legal Counsel (5-8 years' PQE)
- Commercial and/or financial services legal experience gained in a well regarded law firm or within a bank.
- An ability to build relationships with the business and understand commercial drivers.
- Good adaptability and the ability to work in a changing environment where no two days will be the same.
- Someone who enjoys varied commercial and financial services work.
This is a unique role that offers top remuneration for the right candidate. You may be working in a large bank and wanting to move into an agile, forward thinking organisation where decisions get made. Likewise, you may be working in a banking and finance legal team within private practice and want to make that transition in-house to work closer with the business. Either way, get in touch to see if this opportunity is for you.
For further information, contact Anand Ranchhod on (09) 303 9093 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.