Senior Litigation Lawyer
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Legal, Solicitors
- 10th July 2019
- Job Type
We are working on two fixed-term contract Senior Litigator roles, which have arisen due to our clients having parental leave cover needs. Our clients are reputable city-based firms, both with a good work/life balance and inclusive, supportive team cultures. These roles are, generally speaking, in the commercial and civil litigation space.
Ideal candidate will have:
- 6-9-month FTC (length of contract negotiable);
- 5+ years solid litigation experience;
- Insurance / civil litigation experience; and
- Availability from August or September 2019 ideally
This role is a fixed term to cover parental leave of up to a 12-month period. The team has a growing workload, so there may be the potential to extend this to a permanent position for the right person.
The ideal person for either role will have:
- 7+ years' PQE litigation experience (those more senior should apply also);
- Experience in any of the following areas are of interest: insurance, construction, regulatory or general civil litigation work;
- The ability to hit the ground running and manage client relationships well as this is a senior level role;
- Available immediately or in the next 2-3 months.
Perhaps you've recently returned from overseas and you're looking for a position that will get you back into the market while you consider your next longer term move or you might be looking for a litigation position that will offer some flexibility - get in touch to explore if this is an opportunity of interest to you.
You must be a NZ qualified lawyer to apply for these positions with some NZ practising litigation experience.
For a confidential chat, contact Ashleigh Devall on 09 303 9093 or email your CV and academic transcript to us by clicking on 'APPLY' now.