Asset Manager – Auckland
- New Zealand, Auckland
- Property & Real Estate, Asset Management (Real Estate)
- 16th July 2018
- Job Type
- Rare opportunity to join a new NZ property entity and an emerging in-house team
- Impressive commercial portfolio valued at NZ$635m
- Auckland based strategic asset management client-side opportunity
A Blackstone portfolio company, 151 Property is one of the world’s leading investment firms and the largest real estate private equity firm in the world, who oversee the management of 2.9 million sqm of real estate and interact with over 1700 customers.
Excitingly for the NZ real estate sector, 151 Property has made its first foray into the Auckland market with the recent acquisition of the VXV office portfolio. Comprising seven major office buildings in one of Auckland's prime commercial regions at Wynyard Quarter, 151 Property is seeking highly skilled, dedicated and passionate asset management experts to manage the portfolio following this $635m portfolio acquisition. The VXV office portfolio is at the forefront of Auckland's commercial culture and covers 88,000 square metres of commercial space which is home to a number of New Zealand's most successful businesses. This includes headquarters of companies including Fonterra, Air New Zealand, Datacom, Bayleys, KPMG, Auckland Transport, HP and Microsoft.
151 Property is highly experienced in all aspects of strategic real estate management and work to the principal objective of maximising the performance of properties via excellent customer-service and pro-active asset management. Due to the Auckland VXV acquisition, the need has arisen to recruit a New Zealand based Portfolio Manager and Asset Manager to work alongside their externally appointed property management team.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the role of Asset Manager will play a key role in the management support of 151 Property's core New Zealand portfolio. The position offers unrivalled career progression and the unique opportunity for involvement in 'active' end-to-end asset management of this significant portfolio. Duties and core responsibilities include:
- Working as integral part of property services team to gain a clear understanding of 151 Property's strategy, objectives and asset performance objectives.
- Supporting the New Zealand Portfolio Manager to establish a clear focus on investment performance by targeting income and capital growth through leasing, valuation, development/repositioning or sales processes, in line with agreed strategic objectives.
- Assisting in setting and implementing asset strategies for office assets to optimise investment performance, including asset and divestment plans
- Support to review property management strategies, with key involvement the partnering with property and facilities management providers.
- Preparing budgets in conjunction with external property managers
- Involvement on leasing strategies and driving negotiations in conjunction with leasing agents.
- Monitoring and managing risks to asset performance.
- Coordination of physical risk management (environmental, WH&S, BCA risks) with the external property managers.
- Prepare, or assist with the preparation of, board and internal reporting, which is to be concise, accurate and delivered on time.
- Contributing to the business with a continual focus on improving systems, processes and performance
- Bachelor degree with emphasis in property or related discipline
- 5+ years proven experience in commercial real estate
- A range of property skills and an understanding of property investment processes including experience gained in at least one of the fields of leasing, property/asset management, valuation or development
- Possess a high financial aptitude, commercial acumen and ability to analyse financial data from budgets, business plans and valuations
- Strong leasing and negotiation skills
- High levels of behavioural awareness in self and others
- Ability to maintain a high energy, positive, creative, solutions driven, client orientated, dynamic and responsive culture
- Excellent relationship and trust building skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work in an autonomous environment
The arrival of 151 Property in New Zealand is exciting and significant for the NZ commercial real estate sector. The quality of their first acquisition signals a wonderful opportunity for an
Asset Manager with smarts and ambition to accelerate their career with an incredibly exciting global RE manager.
If you’re interested to learn more about this opportunity please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation please contact either Christian Lawrence or Guy Davidson on (09) 303 9093