- Negotiable + benefits
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Facilities Management
- 15th May 2019
- Job Type
Haumaru Housing is an Auckland-based registered Community Housing Provider set up to ensure the long-term provision of affordable housing services for older people. A limited partnership joint venture between Auckland Council and The Selwyn Foundation, the organisation provides holistic tenancy and asset management services for a portfolio of over 1400 rental units across 62 villages in the Auckland region.
With an aim to provide outstanding social housing for older people with customer service excellence a priority, Haumaru (derived from the Māori for safe shelter) Housing is focused on providing safe, secure and long-term tenancies in positive and inclusive communities.
The Asset Manager is responsible for ensuring that appropriate management and maintenance programmes are provided through the preparation and implementation of robust asset management plans.
The opportunity provides leadership to a team of property professionals ensuring service levels are maintained and enhanced. The role collaborates closely with Area Managers and Community Managers with key responsibilities that include:
- Asset management planning: Reviewing the portfolio and creating corporate plan frameworks.
- Set and agree service levels and investment levels for maintaining sustainable assets to meet the group's needs
- Devise and maintain asset management plans to reflect best practice
- Business Management: Develop business plans and budgets that relate to all aspects of property, facilities and asset management
- Manage contracted services and supplier relationships to ensure high standards and value for money
- Legal compliance and policy: Understand and comply with all relevant legislation
- Provide strategic and specialist technical asset management and maintenance advice
- Lead on all health & safety plans
- Departmental leadership: Manage resources and workload to ensure continuity
- Develop a culture on continuous improvement
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished property asset manager, facilities or maintenance professional with prior experience gained in a leadership capacity. Already operating at a senior level, you will be seeking to build on your technical knowledge with increased managerial and property departmental responsibility.
To be considered for the role of you are likely to have the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally degree educated with c.10 years' experience gained working in asset management, property maintenance, facilities management or business
- A minimum of 3 years managing and developing a high performing team
- Highly aspirational with an outlook aligned to focusing on the variety and breadth offered from leading a property division
- Familiar with computerise asset and facilities management systems
- Commercially aware with a strong understanding of the Auckland commercial or residential property sector.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- A robust and confident character, with a customer-focused approach to deal tactfully with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, ideally with a sound understanding of tangata whenua
- A collaborate worker with the acumen to think laterally and adapt to new situations
This is a highly autonomous role with the scope to remain operating at leadership function. If you are interested to learn more and receive a full job description, please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation please contact Christian Lawrence at Cobalt Recruitment on (09) 303 9093