Assistant Property and Development Manager
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 10th February 2019
- Job Type
Archer Property Group is privately-owned property investment and development company with a dynamic approach to real estate solutions. Entering an exciting growth phase, the organisation continues to take a long-term investment position with a specific focus on value-add acquisitions. The business has been established to not only manage their key investments and development activity, but to provide a unique service offering to their impressive array of tenants and occupiers.
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Property and Development Manager to support their Directors and Senior Asset Manager based from their Auckland CBD offices.
If you would like to play a key role in a dynamic business covering a diverse range of clients, spanning several of the asset classes both in NZ and Australia, then this opportunity is for you.
The purpose of the position is to support and administer both property management and development activity on a portfolio of high-quality assets. The role has an over-arching objective to ensure the optimal long-term performance through active development, asset maintenance and tenant-focused real estate solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to broaden your horizons at an early stage in your property career and expand your skills from any core or related degree background.
Gaining key exposure across Archer Property’s varied portfolio this position has genuine scope to fast-track your career.
Key responsibilities and duties you will be assisting on will include: -
- Assisting with property development management activity, managing a range of schemes, particularly those tailored to the needs of key tenants and operators
- Ensure efficient running of the mixed-asset and varied tenancy portfolio (all lease reviews, renewals, lease negotiations, project management, client communications)
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the properties and encumbering tenancies within their portfolio
- Inspecting properties and regularly meeting tenants to pro-actively review general business matters, repairs & maintenance and for obtaining key information to aid in developing property strategies
- Maintain strong relationships with clients through regular contact and understanding their business environment
- Financial support and monitor property expenditure for allocated assets or tenancies
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Maintain high levels of communication and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders and professionals.
To be considered for the role of you are likely to have the following skills and attributes:
- Degree educated with 1-3 years’ post-graduation experience gained working in a related discipline such as property management, development, valuation, property law etc.
- Highly aspirational with a outlooked aligned to focusing on the variety and breadth offered by Archer Property.
- A proven track-record of being the ‘best in class’ in your chosen career field year to date, with the passion to expand this into involvement in property and investment at the top level.
- Commercially aware with the enthusiasm and latent potential for full portfolio responsibility in the future.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
- A confident character, with a customer-focused approach.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills to support the senior team.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations.
This is an exciting new role that affords the opportunity to move client-side and at the same time, expand your skills in both the development and asset management aspects of property.
If you possess the desire to fast-track your career by an increased level of responsibility and scope and are interested to join the Archer Property team in Auckland, please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation please contact Christian Lawrence at Cobalt Recruitment on (09) 303 9093