Block Property Manager
- GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum + plus benefits
- UK, North West
- Property & Real Estate, Residential
- 30th September 2019
- Job Type
Block Property Manager
Salary £30,000 to £35,000 DOE
My client has grown over the years to become a well known and highly regarded name within the property management field. They provide a comprehensive range of core services for residential, mixed-use and commercial buildings. They have a focused approach because of the emphasis they place on understanding their clients, whether resident, developer or freeholder. There is now an opening in the Manchester office for an experienced Property Manager to join the team!
The Property Manager will deliver a responsive, efficient, high quality and customer focused estate management service, to ensure communal facilities and services provided are reliable, safe, of good quality and offer value for money. You should be able to show that you have excellent communication skills and the ability to manage a complex workload as well as the ability to monitor the financial costs of managing properties and scrutinise service charges.
You will need to demonstrate a strong track record of providing excellent customer service to residents of mixed developments, have the ability to think on your feet and take responsibility and ownership for the schemes you will manage. The role of Property Manager is your chance to have a frontline, client facing role that will impact and influence the customer and help to create places where people want to live.
- Operate in line company values to deliver the highest levels of customer service. Provide a professional and knowledgeable estate and facilities service to residents in a range of developments and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Take ownership to ensure own performance contributes positively towards team objectives, key performance of the business and customer experience by providing a proactive and customer focused estate and facilities management service including responsibilities for:
- Estate inspections - Inspect and grade communal areas and estates, raising any follow up appropriate corrective actions
- Estate improvements - Identify opportunities to improve a development
- Estate and facilities management - Provide a responsive and efficient estate, block and facilities management service to ensure our residents' communal areas are pleasant, well-maintained
- Service Charge - Understand all services and charges provided to estates, properties and communal areas and check the quality of services provided to ensure these represent value for money.
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues and teams to ensure effective, efficient and customer focused delivery of services relating to communal areas, facilities and estates.
- Provide excellent customer service to residents, promoting ways to get involved. Maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders and partners, such as contractors, surveyors and finance team. This will include evening meetings with residents and stakeholders.
- Maintain the necessary written/electronic records and systems to ensure accurate and complete records, including those related to communal inspections, health and safety checks.
- Ensure all properties in the portfolio (where applicable) are properly insured and where necessary assist with claim handling, renewals and enquires regarding the policy.
- Set and manage all budgets for each property, providing details over under and overspend to the client(s) as and when required.
- Oversee cleaning and ground staff where applicable with full HR support.
- Experience of complex residential property management or similar experience of inspecting and assessing quality defined criteria and implementing solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of property management, service charges, health and safety, personal safety.
- Able to demonstrate experience of delivering customer focused services in a demanding environment.
- Strong IT skills - MS Office suite and internal computer systems.
- Provide a full professional property management service on behalf of freehold clients, developers and residential management companies, in accordance with the terms of the management agreement/SLA's.
- AIRPM qualified or working towards.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to succeed and progress within residential property management.
This is an urgent requirement so if you are interested, please do not delay as interviews will likely take place this week. The company is committed to the professional development of their employees, demonstrated in many ways, from flexible working to the funding of IRPM qualifications.