Central London Portfolio Manager (office/retail)
- UK, London
- Property & Real Estate, Asset Management (Real Estate)
- 6th June 2019
- Job Type
Central London Portfolio Manager (Office/Retail Assets)
Salary from £70,000 - £100,000 per annum
We are working with a highly prestigious FTSE-250 Property Investment & Development Company with substantial Central London holdings. They are currently seeking a Portfolio Manager to join their team reporting to a Senior Portfolio Manager.
This role is responsible for maximising Total Return on designated assets. You will be working closely with colleagues from across the business and leading a variety of projects relating to your portfolio of assets. Although focused on offices, Central London retail experience is also preferential albeit not a pre-requisite.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Asset business planning
- Preparation of an annual business plan for designated assets and identifying opportunities to create commercial value to maximise total return, with input from others as required.
- Ongoing review of business plans, conducting formal quarterly reviews, and taking corrective action as appropriate to ensure delivery of plan objectives.
Execution of identified business plan objectives
- Execution of identified opportunities to add commercial value to maximise total return, working closely with the leasing, development and investment teams. Opportunities include, but are not limited to: securing new leases on vacant space, conducting rent reviews and lease renewals, lease variations/re-gears, aligning lease 'block dates', refurbishment, dilapidations, minimising empty rates, buying in adjoining ownerships or asset sales.
- Undertake analysis of proposed asset specific transactions to assess the impact on value (income and capital) and future returns.
Effective portfolio management
Effective portfolio management of designated assets, working closely with the Occupier Services team, specifically:
- Management systems and critical dates: ensure that the Master Tenancy Spreadsheet and Document Management systems are kept up-to date including identification of critical dates i.e. rent reviews, lease expiries and break options, so that these can be actioned appropriately.
- Licences: ensure all licences are dealt with promptly and efficiently, creating a legal record and to the best commercial advantage of the Group. In the case of recording occupier alterations, work closely with the Occupier Services team and Building Surveyors; the latter holds responsibility for documenting by way of formal licence.
- Minor capital or revenue expenditure: Review and approve requests, including all running costs and empty rates, whether irrecoverable or administered through the service charge.
Development and refurbishment projects
- Review and approval of minor refurbishments as proposed by Occupier Services and Building Surveying teams, as appropriate.
- Work with the Development and Occupier Services teams to formulate a detailed implementation plan which addresses development constraints and/or vacant possession needs for larger projects.
- Ensure that 'Ready for Sale' packs are available for each asset, containing full title, tenancy, and that all other documentation collated by the Occupier Services team, including H&S risk assessments, EPC's, maintenance/ service contracts and service charge account is up to date.
- Advise, as appropriate, on potential property sales strategy to the Director of Investment Management, Portfolio Director and Executive Committee.
- Provide input into purchase proposals and conduct due diligence activities, as required.
- Responsibility for preparing the inaugural business plan, working closely, as needed, with the Director of Investment Management, Portfolio Director and Investment Director.
- Qualified surveyor and experienced professional from within a commercial property environment;
- Preparation and implementation of asset business plans
- Demonstrable success in identifying and delivering on opportunities to create commercial value and maximise Total Return
- Knowledge of leasing and capital transactions, L&T, refurbishment and service charge management
- Central London market exposure
- Retail and office leasing market exposure
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online with your CV in word format.