- Negotiable + plus benefits
- UK, London
- Property & Real Estate, Social Housing
- 30th April 2019
- Job Type
Contracts and Estates Manager
A new opportunity has arose at a well-known Housing Association based in South London.
You will deliver a first-class estate service through effective management of the cleaning and grounds maintenance team, plus effective contract management and delegation.
Up to £40,000 plus benefits (Depending on Experience)
- Responsible for ensuring estate cleaning & grounds maintenance are carried out to a high standard both from a contractor and staff perspective.
- Ensuring Health & Safety Compliance is adhered to estate wide; including blocks.
- Ensure Fire Safety standards are adhered to and compliance is met.
- Manage CCTV & Concierge contract.
- Ensure block and communal repairs are completed to the right standard, within timescales and within budget.
- Manage door entry & access control systems to ensure estate security.
- Record and report on the performance of contractors including logging of service failures and issuing rectification notifications.
- Direct management of caretaking; grounds maintenance; tree maintenance, refuse contractors; estate cleaning, playground inspections and all other estate services contracts to ensure quality standards are maintained in accordance with contract specifications.
- Manage delegated budgets ensuring all expenditure is within agreed limits ensuring that the organisation receives value for Money.
- Review the cleaning service with a view to bringing it in-house.
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience
- Technical knowledge sufficient to manage a large and complex estate facilities management brief across a range of different stock types.
- Contract Management and compliance knowledge.
- A clear understanding of Health & Safety legislation.
- Experience of managing multi tenure buildings.
- Experience of budget setting and monitoring.
- A track record of developing staff to achieve targets and objectives.
- Proven track record in service improvement, managing and delivering change.
This role is an ideal opportunity to work for an established organisation and to gain invaluable experience within the field.
What to do next… If you are interested in the position or wish for further information, please submit your CV and call 0207 478 2526 and speak with Matthew Mullin.