Development Manager - Mixed Use
- Negotiable + Bonus
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Development
- 3rd December 2019
- Job Type
Kiwi Property is the largest listed property company on the New Zealand Stock Exchange and is a member of the S&P/NZX 20 Index. They've been around for 25 years and proudly own and manage a $3.3 billion portfolio of real estate, comprising some of New Zealand's best mixed-use, retail and office buildings. Their objective is to provide investors with a reliable investment in New Zealand property through the ownership and active management of a diversified, high-quality portfolio.
A central pillar of their growth strategy is to expand and diversify their portfolio through the development of mixed-use centres with a range of real estate development; which may include build-to-rent apartments, hotel, medical, retirement accommodation, retail, commercial and office product.
Their holdings, which include the iconic Sylvia Park, LynnMall, The Base in Hamilton, and Drury town centre (currently in planning stage), are perfectly positioned for Kiwi Property to realise their strategic growth objectives through high quality large-scale mixed-use development.
As such Kiwi Property is now recruiting for an experienced and proven senior Development Manager to help drive the successful delivery of a significant and sustained period of new development investment. This position requires end to end development expertise, so Kiwi Property is particularly focused on finding a candidate who has a proven history of successfully delivering complex developments from concept through to turnkey reality.
Ideally, they are keen to find an experienced Development Manager who has experience in the areas of commercial and/or apartment (or Build to Rent) development. Retail development expertise is desirable but not essential. Kiwi Property are very open to candidates from overseas who have been operating as a Development Manager in established build-to-rent-markets.
To be considered for this position, you should be able to demonstrate the following experience/attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications and a core background in a relevant discipline such as property or construction management, valuation, planning, engineering, architecture or project management.
- Over ten years' experience, most recently in a senior development role with demonstrated capability in identification, analysis, management and delivery of complex, large scale, multi-faceted, value adding mixed-use development projects.
- Deep front-end development skillset from pre-investment business case through master planning, concept design and successful plan approval/consenting stages.
- Proven record of leading teams to successful development outcomes
- Extensive stakeholder management experience
- Project and design management experience
- Heightened sense of commercial awareness
- Equal level of comfort articulating big picture vision and diving into the granular detail
- Hard-wired can-do mindset
The successful candidate will be joining a motivated and highly talented team that are collectively committed to delivering superior returns for their investors through the active management of a high-quality portfolio of premium property assets.
When you measure a role like this you need to account for the quality and track record of the organisation and its people, the strength of its balance sheet, the scope and scale of its development strategy, and whether the role is able to properly influence that strategy. On every count this opportunity with Kiwi Property returns an excellent score.
Please apply with your CV attached to register your interest. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Alternatively contact Matt Donnelly or Guy Davidson on 09 303 9093 for confidential discussion.