- UK, North West
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 22nd November 2018
- Job Type
Flexible location - based either Manchester or Birmingham
Competitive salary & benefits package
My client has built an excellent reputation for their service delivery on behalf of major occupier clients across the UK and Europe. They have been mandated on a significant contract for a national occupier with assets across the UK and as such need to recruit a proven Estates Surveyor as part of their national team. This role can be based from either my client's Manchester or Birmingham office.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a renowned business, delivering estate management services. Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure cost effective operational running of allocated sites
- Liaison with clients and 3rd parties i.e. landlords and their agents to ensure uninterrupted use of the client's premises, effectively acting as the intermediary between landlord and tenant
- Identify and drive through cost savings for the client
- For sublet properties, monitor income collection and tenant liaison
- Manage exit strategies for freehold and leasehold properties being vacated
- Ensure adherence to lease terms and compliance with statutory requirements and advising clients of same
- Manage and liaise with internal teams and other professionals to provide a full service to the client
- Undertake regular client contact and reporting to ensure services are within the client's budget
The appointed Estates Surveyor will ideally be chartered (MRICS), although full consideration will be given to candidates with AssocRICS status. You must be able to demonstrate the following skills as part of your application:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent with RICS membership
- An up to date knowledge and understanding of legislation regarding property management
- Demonstrable technical competence in property management
- Basic IT skills including the use of Word and Excel plus a good working knowledge of industry specific packages such as TRAMPS
- Will have gained a general practice grounding for or within either a corporate, public sector or private practice environment.
The appointed Estates Surveyor will be joining a team who can offer a competitive salary and benefits package, genuine scope for career progression coupled with the ability to work with high profile clients regionally.
Please apply online with your most recent CV, outlining your suitability for this post.