Facilities Manager | Contract role
- Waikato, other
- Property & Real Estate, Facilities Management
- 4th November 2018
- Job Type
Leading property and asset advisory consultancy is seeking to secure a Facilities Manager to oversee operations for a key client based in Hamilton. The role comes at a time where the business is embarking on an exciting period of continued growth and operational development leading to them requiring leadership and operational management for their facilities operations.
The role of Facilities Manager will work on an initial three month contract basis (with the strong prospect of converting to a permanent role) with a broad remit of managing all site facilities, contracts, fleet and asset maintenance matters.
Overseeing their existing facilities contracts covering both hard and soft FM components, this globally recognised client require immediate support to meet contract deliverables.
You will be immediately available for this exciting contract FM role and the ideal candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the assigned account on site and ensure all contract and operation services are delivered and compliant while remaining in accordance with budgets
- Run a maintenance programme to ensure the upkeep of building fabric and operational contracts
- Budgetary responsibility
- Select and review contractors when appropriate and manage their activities
- Responsibility for the smooth running of the fleet contract
- Support & develop the management of the Health & Safety programme across the business
- Manage Health, Safety & Environmental programmes & issues
- Preparation of monthly reports
- Key point of contact and communication for client at the local level
The ideally candidate will be a versatile facilities professional with extensive knowledge of commercial / industrial property including the ability to oversee change. With a background in in-house FM or from a service provider or consultancy organisation, it is a highly autonomous role with the scope to remain in the role longer-term after this initial contract role. You will have a proven track-record of establishing and improving facilities across multiple objectives, coupled with the capability to advise and influence external suppliers. As Facilities Manager you will have excellent communication and negotiations skills that you would associate with operating in a stand-alone client located autonomous lead role.
The role offers a highly competitive day or hourly rate with a projected 3-month duration based from Hamilton.
If you're interested to learn more about this opportunity please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation please contact Christian Lawrence on (09) 303 9093